Sunday, July 20, 2008

#3 By Golly George...We're engaged!



^The Bling isn't it pretty!!!



















^AWE they are holding hands. How Sweet!

<--Our love is blossoming like the flowers.(quast specialty)


^More hand holding, gosh, get a room!!















This one and the one above make the cut!
Paul proposed marriage on Nov. 4, 2007 in the MSU gardens. He had some slight difficulties taking the ring out of his pocket. But we'll start from the beginning......Paul and Tiffany begin dating on Jan. 20, 2007. Things go well, but there are a few bumps in the road that clear up in August. Things begin to get even more serious, and marriage is discussed. Eventually Paul asked my dad for my hand in marriage and my dad asked Paul two things. "Do you love my daughter?" "Are you going to get married in the right place?" He then gave the fatherly warning "If you ever hurt my daughter, I will find and hurt you!" Tiffany waits for the moment, and waits...and waits....and wonders what is going on. Meanwhile, Paul has created the engagement ring from my likes in rings: no square-cut diamond, sapphires and inset diamonds. He has to wait to get it created and then shipped. The day arrives and Paul is aware and Tiffany is not. Friday comes and Paul awaits for the FedEx man's arrival. Upon seeing him and receiving the ring-the plan is set in motion. Paul requests a walk that evening during lunch. We are walking on campus, at a faster pace than usual. (providing me with a small hint of something) We arrive at the gardens and Paul lays down a blanket. I'm not sure how, but I (Tiffany) know that something is coming and start asking him leading questions. He soon states his love and affection for me and the desire for me to be his wife. Then the struggle begins with getting the "big" ring box from his "smaller" pocket. Once out, it is placed on my finger. Oh, and I say "yes!" However, the ring is too big, even though he asked for my specific size. Soon, we are walking home hand-in-hand! The next day, we head to the dealer to have the ring appropriately sized to a 4 1/2. (FYI: Paul's ring size is a 9). I can soon wear the ring, that fits my finger, with pride and excitement for what lies ahead. We ask two friends, on two different days, to help. Nearly 300 pictures are taken. With this post are pictures that were contenders for our announcement. Let us know if we chose wisely!

1 comment:

Fernandez Family said...

Your engagement pictures look great! Thank you for sharing your story I enjoyed reading it.